Monday, May 05, 2008

Color in the Yard

The two male Baltimore Orioles continued to bulk up on my suet all of yesterday and this morning.


Then they finally discovered the orange halves I put out and they went to work on those.


The orioles are so bright and stunning that it is hard not to give them complete attention. The orioles held their own against the larger blackbirds and jays, and went head to head with the grosbeaks.

And speaking of grosbeaks, they are in the yard as well, although this handsome gent I photographed early this morning along the Connecticut River near the Cerosimo mills.

I feel that I shouldn't neglect the regulars, such as this dapper looking Hairy - after all, he stayed the winter while the others wimped out and spent the snowy months in the tropics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails