Monday, February 21, 2011

Waxwings and Larks

Just a couple of hundred feet from my home, I was stopped this morning by frenetic activity in some bushes - a mixed flock of 75+ waxwings, with Cedar Waxwings predominating, but with plenty of Bohemians Waxwings. With the waxwing flock were 10 Eastern Bluebirds.

Part of the mixed flock of Bohemian Waxwings and Cedar Waxings in my neighborhood

A few days ago I finally put to rest my worry that I would be the only birder in the county who would not see Snow Buntings and Horned Larks. Most were too far away for any photographs, but a few larks were nearer at hand and permitted a few so-so photo ops.

Horned Lark
Good birding!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow amazing!!! What a beautiful sight, so many waxwings... Lucky you :-) I'd love to see the cedar, it looks pretty beautiful too. Does it have the same song as the bohemian?

eileeninmd said...

Great birds, Chris! Very cool to see a mixture of the two waxwings.

Kerri Farley said...

Great captures!!

Jen Sanford said...

That is a truly beautiful waxwing photo! I love how they are each doing their own thing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails