Saturday, October 24, 2015

Heinz NRW

I had no idea it has been so long since my last post, but chalk that up to the busyness of September and October.

I have begun my late Fall sojourn in Philadelphia. First trip was today to Heinz NRW. A few images ...


In one area, I had 12 Great Blue Herons in the glass, but at a distance. This one was foraging closer to the trail.

Great Blue Heron

Downy Woodpecker
I know some folk in Vermont that would love to happen upon a sight like this in mid-November. He just stood still, studying me as I ogled back at him.

White Tailed Deer - buck


A few butterflies and dragonflies were still about. This Variegated Fritillary was close at hand.

Variegated Fritillary

Gray Catbird
 The Peregrine Falcon attracted a lot attention from birders and crows. One crow stood guard, loudly telling the entire neighborhood that the falcon was nearby and stay on the alert.

Peregrine Falcon
Good Birding!!

1 comment:

CountryCityCindy said...

I'm in Michigan and our junco's just came back (small grey and white bird).
Nice pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails